National Pet Fire Safety Tips
Pet Fire Safety Tips to Keep Pets From House Fires:
- Extnguish Open Flames- Pets are generally curious and will investiagate cooking appliances, candles or even a fire in your fireplace
- Pet Proof the Home- Take a walk around your home and look for areas where pets might start fires inadvertently, such as the stove knobs, loose wires and other potential hazards
- Secure Young Pets- Especially with young puppies, keep them confined away from potential fire-starting hazards when you are away from home.
- Keep Pets Near Entrances- When leaving pets home alone, keep them in areas or rooms near entrances where firefighters can easily find them.
- Since Pets Left Alone Can't Escape a Burning Home- Use monitored smoke detectors which are connected to a monitoring center, providing an added layer of protection beyond battery-operated smoke alarms.
- Affix a Pet Alert Window Cling- Write down the number of pets inside your house and attach the static cling to a front window. This critical information sanves rescuers time when locating your pets. You can obtain a free window cling by going to www.adt.com/pets.
- Keep Your information Updated.