Leaky sink in Mauston cases a water damage
This Mauston Wi home suffered water damage when the kitchen sink drain leaked first all over the kitchen floor then down to the room below affecting the ceiling. They called SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin to handle the water mitigation.
As a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any size disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin technicians are highly trained to properly clean and restore your house so that it feels like home again. You can depend on SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin to handle all of your restoration needs.
If you have a water damage, Call us Today – (608) 221-1818
Smoke and soot damage damages owners kitchen
This southern Wisconsin home experienced a kitchen fire when a grease fire started on the stove. The owner used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire but smoke and soot still traveled throughout the house. They called SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin to handle the fire and odor clean up.
When your home or business suffers fire damage, it can be especially devastating. In addition to the fire and smoke damage, your property may have substantial water damage from firefighting efforts. You may feel stressed and confused after such a disaster, and you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin has the specialized fire and water damage equipment and expertise to help you through this tough time.
We’ll treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818
Middleton Wi home suffers water damage
This Middleton Wisconsin homeowner called SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin when they discovered that their water heater had been leaking for a while causing a strong musty smell to develop in their home.
As experts in water and mold remediation, the professionals at SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
Water damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions, the odor can often be removed.
If you have any water or mold damage concerns, call us at (608) 221-2102
Office building suffers a water damage
This Wisconsin office suffered a water damage when several days of heavy rain flooded the area around the building. Water seeped in affecting several of the offices. They called SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin to handle the mitigation.
Storms and inclement weather can be devastating to any business. Wind damage, heavy rain, and flooding can occur suddenly and cause substantial damage in a matter of minutes. There’s never a convenient time for flooding or storm damage to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
Do you have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (608) 221-1818
Columbus Apartment building suffers water damage
This Columbus, Wi apartment complex experienced a water damage that flooded carpeting and affected the ceiling of the apartment below. They called SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin to handle the water mitigation.
SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin are water damage restoration specialists and are ready to restore your Madison home or apartment building back to pre-water damage condition. We quickly extract the water and then dry your property using state-of-the-art equipment. SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin uses moisture monitoring equipment to effectively measure and document the drying process to ensure your property is dry. We also utilize professional-strength cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing products to cleaning and sanitize the affected water damage area for your comfort and safety.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818
International Firefighters Day
International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is a time where the entire world’s population can recognize and honor all the sacrifices that firefighters make for their communities and environment so we are safe. Please remember to thank any current and past firefighters for their contributions.
In honor of International Firefighters Day, here are some helpful suggestions from SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin on what to do and what not to do after a fire.
What to Do:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT to do:
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin (608) 221-1818
Flood watch or warning. What is the difference?
When a storm hits your home, SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin has storm damage experience and expertise with the capabilities and professional personnel to quickly respond to your storm damage concerns.
Here is some descriptions of flood terminology to help you better prepare.
Flash Flood Watch:A Flash Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for flash flooding. It does not mean that flash flooding will occur, but it is possible.
Flash Flood Warning:A Flash Flood Warning is issued when flash flooding is imminent or occurring.
Flood Watch:A Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for flooding. It does not mean flooding will occur, but it is possible.
Flood Warning: A Flood Warning is issued when flooding is imminent or occurring.
Do You Have Flood or Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin Today (608)221-1818
Water Main Breaks in Madison
This Madison Wisconsin townhouse suffered a large water damage when a water main outside the home broke. Water quickly flooded the area outside the home and began to pour into the basement. At one point the basement had 5 inches of water across the floor! The condo association called SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin to handle the water mitigation.
As leaders in the water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise not to mention a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We use this training and experience to quickly dry your home by using the latest technology and equipment to restore it back to pre-water-damage condition. Because of this, we can restore your home more quickly which minimizes the cost.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today – (608) 221-1818
Madison WI home is struck by lightning
This Madison Wi home experienced smoke, electrical and water damage when lightning struck their home. When the lightning struck the house, it caused damage to the siding, outside water downspout, electrical and broke a copper water pipe in the basement. They called SERVPRO of Madison Wisconsin to handle the smoke and water damage.
Since each smoke damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. When various materials burn, the soot and residue they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure. By using air scrubbers, thermal foggers and deodorization agents our technicians are able to remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Today – (608) 221-1818
What are the differences between a Tornado Watch and a Tornado Warning?
What Is the Difference between a Tornado Watch and a Tornado Warning?
- A tornado watch means tornadoes are possible in the area. You should review your emergency plan, check supplies and be ready to act quickly if a tornado does approach.
- A tornado warning means a tornado has been visually sighted or indicated by weather radar and you should act immediately. Be sure to have a battery-powered weather radio available to monitor potential tornado activity.
What Are the Signs of a Tornado?
Some of the potential indicators of tornadoes may include:
- A strong, persistent rotation in the cloud base and/or whirling dust or debris on the ground under a cloud base.
- Hail or heavy rain followed by either a dead calm or a fast, intense wind shift.
- A loud continuous roar or rumble that does not fade in a few seconds, like thunder does.
What Should I Do if I Learn a Tornado Is Approaching?
- If you are in a house, go to the lowest level, such as a basement or a storm cellar.
- If there is no basement, go to an interior room such as a closet, hallway or bathroom.
- Try to cover your head with a blanket or jacket to guard against flying debris or broken glass. If you are in a mobile home, you should leave immediately and seek shelter elsewhere.
- If you are outside and cannot get to shelter, crouch beside a strong structure or lie flat in a ditch or low-lying area and try to cover your head and neck.
- Get as far away from trees and cars as you can.
What if I Am in a Car and I Learn a Tornado Is Approaching?
- Try to locate a sturdy building in which you can immediately seek shelter. If that isn’t possible, you have two options:
- Stay in the car with the seat belt on, putting your head down below the windows and covering it with your hands and a blanket if you have one.
- If you can safely get lower than the level of the roadway, exit your car and lie in that area, covering your head with your hands.
What Are Some of the Common Misconceptions about Tornadoes?
- One misconception is that opening a window in your house will “equalize the pressure” created by the tornado. Do not open any windows; doing so may actually pressurize the house and cause the roof to be torn off.
- Tornadoes are not always visible from a distance. Rely on a weather radio for the latest information.
- Although tornadoes are usually spawned by thunderstorms, they have been known to occur without lightning. They can cross a river or another body of water.
- Tornadoes are not confined to “tornado alley,” a region of the Midwestern U.S. where tornadoes are most frequent. Tornadoes can occur anywhere, any time.
Have Questions? Call SERVPRO of Madison WI Today – (608) 221-1818